Thursday 1 March 2012

Conclusion- Modelling

Ever since starting this assignment, I have had a bit of trouble trying to get used to the program, considering that it was something completely new and it's an obstacle to overcome in the beginning. It took about a couple of weeks to finally get over the obstacle and start learning what the program could actually do when it came to the three models that had to be created.

Out of the three models, I think that the flying machine looks the best, because it looks the most realistic and it is the one that is the most closest to its orginal design. The one that took the most effects and tools in 3d Max would have to be the building, though all of those effects were very useful in getting used to the program. Surprising, the dove seemed to be the quickest and the easiest to do, with learning about Symmetry and understanding about the shape of the bird, which actually helped me understand why the first flying machine may have not worked.

If I could have do the models differently, I would try and make the dove more realistic looking and not looking like something off Pingu, the TV show, but I still like the style overall, just not for this assignment. For the building, I could try and add more detail to it, though it looks detailed enough already, there are some little things that I noticed near the end of the modelling that I wished I added.

From making the models, I have learned a good amount of skills that will be useful when making the animation in the weeks to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment