Tuesday 7 February 2012

Textures

Today, we are learning about how to texture an 3D images and how to mess around with the lightning. From looking at the Material Editor, you can easily place images as a material and edit the way they look before applying them on the object that you want, whether it is an a whole object or needing the use of the multi-sub object tool to edit.


After messing around and getting used to the controls, incudings how to rotate the material using editable poly on the side of the shape, I started to try and create a roman like building, since I didn't save my supermarket. Some of the textures that I had picked didn't work at first but this is my first try with using materials, I'll properly need more work on it when the modelling for the coursework begins.


Looking more into the mapping tool, I started to make a leaf. First we quickly edited the leaf in photoshop so that we could create a transparent mask for the leaf when it enters 3D Max. After placing the leaf in and applying the mask so that the white background do not appear, the mapping tool was used to make leaf more reflexable, as the no of lenght and width was increased. Here is what the leaves turned up being.


No comments:

Post a Comment